Equity Policy Statement
This club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the Equity Policy of Cycling Ulster.
In brief the Club recognizes that
• Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognizing inequalities and taking steps to address them. In cycling it is about changing the culture and structure of our sport to the best of our abilities to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
• It is about respecting the rights, dignity and worth of every person and treating everyone equally within cycling, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
• Everyone has the right to enjoy cycling in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
• All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
• Any incidence of discriminatory behaviour will be dealt with seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.